Sunday, September 05, 2004

Class management (8/30-9/3)

I still remeber for every English major student who participated in the "Education Certificate Program" in college, our professors kept reminding us that "class management" is extremely important! All of us will be homeroom teachers becuase Enlish is one of the major subjects no matter in junior high or high school. Though I've read some theories from textbooks, I have no practical experience and no idea of how to apply those theories to real class management.


I've recorded some impressive points Alice did in class management for the past week. First,Alice remembered all students' names in such a short time. That's exactly what the professor taught us to do. I'm still trying my best to remeber their Chinese names along with English names at this moment.


Second, during the morning session and lunch break time, Alice spent about 10-15 minutes with the students. Though I felt myself a little stupid to walk around in the classroom without knowing what to say to them, I realized that students started to be ask me questions or smiled when I walked inside the classroom. Actually, the reason for me to show up everyday was simple, I just wanted to let them know that "You are all welcomed to come to teachers if you have any problems." I can still remeber how excited, eager and nervous I was when going to high school!


Third, Alice assigned group project to everyone in the class. The six topics were interesting and helped them to know the new environments and classmates as soon as possible. Alice was so considerate and reminded me to prepare the data which students may have difficulties finding.

Fourth, students were instructed to write down their most proud and troubled thing. In English listening class, they played a game which was especially designed to help them memorize the names since the election would be held the next day.
I'm impressed with Alice's thoughtfulness from the observations I had last week. I expect myself can be that considerate and careful when dealing with students' events in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home