Monday, January 17, 2005

12/29 Word puzzle

It's my turn to teach on stage again! Whenever I have to teach, I feel excited but also nervous because teaching on stage is the only way to examine if my activity can be put into practice or not. But I also feel nervous because I don't know if students can understand me in class. This time, I decided to change my way of teaching vocabulary. Instead of lecturing or asking students to write on what they had previewed on the blackboard, I designed a word puzzle with all new vocabulary of this unit inside. I passed the word puzzle in different timing in three classes and I found it's a good way to examine if students did their preview before class. However, I also realized some students had difficulties answering EVERY question in the word puzzle. Though it reflected that these students didn't preview or weren't concentrated enough in class, I found it may be meaningless or a waste of time for them because they didn't have the chance to do self-examination on their preview since it's the goal of this activity. Therefore, I couldn't help but wonder: how can I make my activity reach its goal in class? But I'm still searching for some efficient solutions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home