Saturday, November 20, 2004

Relay Race (11/18)


Relay Race Posted by Hello

The relay race was postponed from Tue to Thu due to the bad weather. Though the students didn't speak out, I could tell how much they want to win from their W.J. Alice got other things trapped and couldn't come to the race on that day. To be honest, I was a little bit panic because I had no idea what to say if they had lost the race. It was a competitive race, at first, our class was the first, however, in the middle of the race, we were exceeded by other two classes and became the third place. And in the last round, we became the second place. All of students almost burst into tears, and I was so touched! I felt like giving them a big hug~ however, I'm always the kind of person who don't know how to express my feelings face to face. Therefore, all I could do was taking pictures for them and with them. Some of the girls even got too excited to have lunch. I felt really proud of them and posting this paragraph in memory of the relay race~:P

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

As a homeroon, I know how important it is to be with the class whenever an important event takes place. However, there are times when I can't stick to this principle. In this case, I'll inform students of my absence and let them know how supportive I am even though I can't be with them. I don't mind what the result is, to be honest, because no matter what, they are always #1 in my mind. What I care most is their safty and their rapport, harmony and cooperation. I think they can know more from the process. But of course, it is better for them to win something from the activity. After, all the efforts need some reward. How to comfort them if they fail? It depends. Crying with them, sining to them, telling jokes, offering some drinks or giving them some pep talks.... Well, isn't it something to be a homeroom?

November 28, 2004 at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home