Monday, November 22, 2004

The Canadian Visiter (11/19)

Last Friday, a visiter from Canada came to our school to observe Alice's teaching, and I was fortunate to be the "short-term" receptionist for about 15 minutes. Before I guided her to class 勤, we had a walk at campus. I introduced Yi-sun Building, Maple Walk, Sunshine Walk and our playground. The visiter, Jana, especially liked the shades. In addition, I introduced briefly the high school system in Taiwan. Then we went to Zhongshan building. To my surprise, students in class 勤 didn't act shy in front of the guest, perhaps because they had a really good time playing Monopoly. And I was happy to find that students asked me questions about the rules in English! Though it's nothing big or important, but I was really happy about it. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

I was happy that the students acted so naturally and happily. I didn't inform them of the foreign guest, but they didn't seem to be bothered when they were observed. Probably they have already got used to people watching them (or me) when we have classes. Thanks for hosting the guest for me and helping around when students played Monopoly. :-)

November 28, 2004 at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home